Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Demetry

Default Help! It's possible the ISO image is defect?

Hi list,

I downloaded the DVD image again and burned it on a DVD RW disc.
When I start the umenu.exe file under windows from the DVD I get a
following error message:

CD Menu
Invalid CD detected
OK .

What's wrong with the disc?
Now, that's the twice that happend...
It could be a defected ISO image only from the Server. The image size I
downloaded is 4.022.972.416 Bytes huge.

Demetry

Old 08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Karl Larsen

Demetry wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I downloaded the DVD image again and burned it on a DVD RW disc.
> When I start the umenu.exe file under windows from the DVD I get a
> following error message:
>
> CD Menu
> Invalid CD detected
> OK .
>
> What's wrong with the disc?
> Now, that's the twice that happend...
> It could be a defected ISO image only from the Server. The image size I
> downloaded is 4.022.972.416 Bytes huge.
>
> Demetry

You are just making a copy of the file on your DVD. You need to
INSTALL the .iso IMAGE onto the DVD.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM
James Takac

Hi Demetry

On Saturday 09 August 2008 07:20:42 Demetry wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I downloaded the DVD image again and burned it on a DVD RW disc.
> When I start the umenu.exe file under windows from the DVD I get a
> following error message:
>
> CD Menu
> Invalid CD detected
> OK .
>
> What's wrong with the disc?
> Now, that's the twice that happend...
> It could be a defected ISO image only from the Server. The image size I
> downloaded is 4.022.972.416 Bytes huge.
>
> Demetry

How are you burning the iso to disk? As the file or are you using software to
burn the actual image. The iso file can been thought of like a zip file. if
you burn the zip file then expect to run a program by clicking it you don't
get what you want. Nero and other burners have option of burning cd/dvd
images which unpack the files a certain way on the disk

James

--
We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather
are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.

Wei Wu Wei

Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 PM
NoOp

On 08/08/2008 02:20 PM, Demetry wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I downloaded the DVD image again and burned it on a DVD RW disc.
> When I start the umenu.exe file under windows from the DVD I get a
> following error message:
>
> CD Menu
> Invalid CD detected
> OK .
>
> What's wrong with the disc?
> Now, that's the twice that happend...
> It could be a defected ISO image only from the Server. The image size I
> downloaded is 4.022.972.416 Bytes huge.
>
> Demetry

There is a bug open on this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/umenu/+bug/247461

and it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything with it. I'll add a
note to the bug report as I have also just tested 3 8.04.1 DVD's burned
at 1x 2x and 4x and they all report Invalid CD detected on a Windows XP
Pro system. However, if you insert the liveCD (not DVD) umenu.exe works
properly. I'll add a note to the bug report to see if I can find out why
it is not working on the DVD.

@Karl: he burned the iso just fine. umenu.exe on the DVD is so that you
can install from Windows etc - see:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1570 for an example and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/umenu

Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Demetry

Hi NoOp,

On 8/9/2008 12:37 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/08/2008 02:20 PM, Demetry wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I downloaded the DVD image again and burned it on a DVD RW disc.
> > When I start the umenu.exe file under windows from the DVD I get a
> > following error message:
> >
> > CD Menu
> > Invalid CD detected
> > OK .
> >
> > What's wrong with the disc?
> > Now, that's the twice that happend...
> > It could be a defected ISO image only from the Server. The image size I
> > downloaded is 4.022.972.416 Bytes huge.
> >
> > Demetry
> >

> There is a bug open on this:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/umenu/+bug/247461
>
> and it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything with it. I'll add a
> note to the bug report as I have also just tested 3 8.04.1 DVD's burned
> at 1x 2x and 4x and they all report Invalid CD detected on a Windows XP
> Pro system. However, if you insert the liveCD (not DVD) umenu.exe works
> properly. I'll add a note to the bug report to see if I can find out why
> it is not working on the DVD.
>
> @Karl: he burned the iso just fine. umenu.exe on the DVD is so that you
> can install from Windows etc - see:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1570 for an example and
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/umenu

Okay, thanks. Do you add that is also the dvd image for AMD 64.

Demetry

Old 08-09-2008, 12:03 AM
NoOp

On 08/08/2008 04:04 PM, Demetry wrote:

>> There is a bug open on this:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/umenu/+bug/247461
>>
>> and it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything with it. I'll add a
>> note to the bug report as I have also just tested 3 8.04.1 DVD's burned
>> at 1x 2x and 4x and they all report Invalid CD detected on a Windows XP
>> Pro system. However, if you insert the liveCD (not DVD) umenu.exe works
>> properly. I'll add a note to the bug report to see if I can find out why
>> it is not working on the DVD.

[snip]

> Okay, thanks. Do you add that is also the dvd image for AMD 64.
>
> Demetry

I'll add that if I get a response on the bug report. Given that you are
still trying to install within Windows (Wubi) install, you might want to
try using the liveCD. When umenu.exe opens up on the liveCD (not DVD) it
has an accessibility button (I've not tried that). Unfortunately I do
not have an AMD64 so I can't advise on a 64 - maybe we can convince
Leonard or another AMD64 user with a Win drive to give it a try...

Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Demetry

On 8/9/2008 2:03 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/08/2008 04:04 PM, Demetry wrote:
>

> >> There is a bug open on this:
> >>
> >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/umenu/+bug/247461
> >>
> >> and it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything with it. I'll add a
> >> note to the bug report as I have also just tested 3 8.04.1 DVD's burned
> >> at 1x 2x and 4x and they all report Invalid CD detected on a Windows XP
> >> Pro system. However, if you insert the liveCD (not DVD) umenu.exe works
> >> properly. I'll add a note to the bug report to see if I can find out why
> >> it is not working on the DVD.
> >>
> [snip]
> >>

> > Okay, thanks. Do you add that is also the dvd image for AMD 64.
> >
> > Demetry
> >

> I'll add that if I get a response on the bug report. Given that you are
> still trying to install within Windows (Wubi) install, you might want to
> try using the liveCD. When umenu.exe opens up on the liveCD (not DVD) it
> has an accessibility button (I've not tried that). Unfortunately I do
> not have an AMD64 so I can't advise on a 64 - maybe we can convince
> Leonard or another AMD64 user with a Win drive to give it a try...

Alright. That sounds good. I hope he or anyone from the list they have a
win drive and should give a try with a AMD64. I am interesting...
I wrote in an other mail shortly (a few minutes ago here) the procedure
of try to install with WUBI... The program UMenu can start but, in the
second process where create a new image on a hard drive after that the
application don't wokr forward.
I got the the error message, can't to access on the Live CD.
Somehow that's really curriously.

Demetry

Old 08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

--- NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 08/08/2008 04:04 PM, Demetry wrote:
>

> >> There is a bug open on this:
> >>
> >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/umenu/+bug/247461
> >>
> >> and it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything
> with it. I'll add a
> >> note to the bug report as I have also just tested
> 3 8.04.1 DVD's burned
> >> at 1x 2x and 4x and they all report Invalid CD
> detected on a Windows XP
> >> Pro system. However, if you insert the liveCD
> (not DVD) umenu.exe works
> >> properly. I'll add a note to the bug report to
> see if I can find out why
> >> it is not working on the DVD.
> >>
> [snip]
> >>

> > Okay, thanks. Do you add that is also the dvd
> image for AMD 64.
> >
> > Demetry
> >

> I'll add that if I get a response on the bug report.
> Given that you are
> still trying to install within Windows (Wubi)
> install, you might want to
> try using the liveCD. When umenu.exe opens up on the
> liveCD (not DVD) it
> has an accessibility button (I've not tried that).
> Unfortunately I do
> not have an AMD64 so I can't advise on a 64 - maybe
> we can convince
> Leonard or another AMD64 user with a Win drive to
> give it a try...

I haven't followed this thread too closely as not
interested in WUBI, but gather that you(or Demetry)
wants someone with an AMD64-X2 processor to burn a DVD
iso and load Ubuntu on windows(I have Vista) to check
out a bug. I have Roxio, Easy CD/DVD Burning and of
corse K3B with good success burning CD-R,s. So. if you
or Demetry could outline exactly what you want me to
do, I will be glad to give it a shot. Like do:
Exact DVD to burn, name at URL.
Exact Program to use to install wubi on windows.
What you are looking for.
Any other useful info.
Preferably email me off list and I'll report results
to this post.
HTH,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-12-2008, 12:24 AM
"Fernando Marques Borges"

Olá,
Evite gravar imagens .ISO em cd´s regraváveis (tipo CD-RW).
Geralmente eles apresentam problemas.
Sempre use mídias CD-R e grave suas .ISO perfeitamente!
Abraços,
Borges.