-   -   share + vmware (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/139963-share-vmware.html)

"Lorand Erik" 08-08-2008 07:26 PM

share + vmware

i have [again] : two questions:

i have ubuntu 8.04.1, and running vmware 1.0.6 build-91891

1) why is that, that i install a guest os on vmware server and, when the guest os runs [or i power off, or suspend it, not matters] the host os keyboard just turn crazy, i mean, for example i open gedit, i press any button, and it closes, [just like i would pressed alt+f4] but the funny thing is, not all apps close when i hit any key, example: Firefox, Vmware...:D after a reboot, it OK again, for the next guest os launch on wmvare...formerly i used virtualbox, but it wasn't good in networking, i always had error's that no one can fix, so i tried vmware, but here's this "i press any key, and an app just close..." thing:S

2) it maybe a lame quetion [but it goes to mail-archives:)] that, i can't see any shared folder on my network, in ubuntu:| and i can't even share, because the other computers [xp dont see samba] neither don't see my pc on the network. [i used to sudo nautilus, and then i right click a folder, and share, but it just don't work+i set in smb.conf that the shared folder is browseable, i set the workgroup, but no] - is there a working description for ubuntu, how to share a folder [even in console:S]

thank you