Old 08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Default openvpn gui client on Ubuntu Linux 8.04

Hi

I am using Ubuntu linux 8.04 Desktop. I am trying to connect to the openvpn server using openvpn gui on Ubuntu Desktop

have a issue whenever i need to connect to openvpn server i need to add
a route command to connect to openvpn server every now and then

is there a way to automate it.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 08-08-2008, 07:58 PM
"Bazooka Joe"

you need to run openvpn as root

Old 08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Kaushal Shriyan

<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

> I am using Ubuntu linux 8.04 Desktop. I am trying to connect to the openvpn

> server using openvpn gui on Ubuntu Desktop

> I have a issue whenever i need to connect to openvpn server i need to add a

> route command to connect to openvpn server every now and then

> is there a way to automate it.

> Thanks and Regards

> Kaushal

Hi

I have configured openvpn client using Network Manager. where can i look for open vpn client config in Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop Linux

I am looking for openvpn client config to add route command so that i dont need to add it manually whenever i want to connect to openvpn server.

Any ideas please.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
"Bazooka Joe"

My open vpn does it automatically.

I have a .p12 file for my work vpn so when I run the openvpn
connection it automatically adds the route. I don't have a gui i do it
from the command line.

I would write a script that adds the route, then run that after you
get connected or figure how to make the .p12 openvpn config file but
that won't work w/ the gui.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Kaushal Shriyan