FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 PM
 
Default xserver question

In a laptop setup with an external monitor, how does X determine which monitor is the primary one, i.e., the one on which to place the default panel? Is it possible to respecify? How?

Paul

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Derek Broughton
 
Default xserver question

pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:

> In a laptop setup with an external monitor, how does X determine which
> monitor is the primary one, i.e., the one on which to place the default
> panel? Is it possible to respecify? How?

Both Gnome and KDE have an app (In kde, system settings / Monitor and
Display) that lets you specify it.
--
derek


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
 
Default xserver question

Yes, but only in kde 3.5.x and I'm not sure it works so well w/ xrandr. Any idea how to force for 4.1? Dualhead and 4.1 have been holding me back.

-------------- Original message ----------------------
From: Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca>
> pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:
>
> > In a laptop setup with an external monitor, how does X determine which
> > monitor is the primary one, i.e., the one on which to place the default
> > panel? Is it possible to respecify? How?
>
> Both Gnome and KDE have an app (In kde, system settings / Monitor and
> Display) that lets you specify it.
> --
> derek
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Derek Broughton
 
Default xserver question

pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:

> Yes, but only in kde 3.5.x and I'm not sure it works so well w/ xrandr.

Works fine for me.

> Any idea how to force for 4.1?

Not a clue.

> Dualhead and 4.1 have been holding me back.

OK, another reason not to go to 4.1.
--
derek


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org