Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
"MirJafar Ali"

Default K3D on Ubuntu

Hello,

Has anybody experiemented with K3D on 64 Bit machine ?* My personal view is that it is
extremeley unstable.

One question:* Is there any quality assurance of the software available from Ubuntu Community ? I had downloaded K3D from add/remove functionality.

Thanks.

Mir Jafar Ali
Lahore, Pakistan

Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 PM
"Chris Mohler"

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM, MirJafar Ali <mirjafar2008@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody experiemented with K3D on 64 Bit machine ? My personal view is
> that it is
> extremeley unstable.
>
> One question: Is there any quality assurance of the software available from
> Ubuntu Community ? I had downloaded K3D from add/remove functionality.

I found it a bit unstable on 32-bit the last time I messed with it -
some months ago.

The learning curve for Blender is pretty steep, but it's a much more
powerful 3D modeler than anything else I've used.

As far as QA goes, yes. You should probably file a bug against K3D if
it's crashing or acting up. That way, Ubuntu devs can figure out of
it's a bug in the way it's packaged/installed in the OS - or if it's
an upstream bug and report it to there... Of course nothing is
"guaranteed" to work, period

Chris