Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
"MirJafar Ali"

Default IBM Lotus Symphony on AMD64 Machine

Hello,

I just downloaded IBM lotus symphony from IBM site
and was trying to install on 64 bit machine.

Initially it was giving message that libstdc++5.so was
required. So I manually changed its library path in the

*.bin file.

Everything went smoothly till end and I got the following messages: I am sure that I have the lastest
JRE and other JAVA Software on my machine.

Has somebody encountered this problem and was

it solved ?

Thanks.

Below are details about the features that failed to set up.
Unable to complete action for feature "Default Personality" due to errors.

******* CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature com.ibm.rcp.personality.default.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]
Unable to complete action for feature "Portal Support" due to errors.
******* CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature com.ibm.portal.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]

Unable to complete action for feature "com.ibm.productivity.tools.feature" due to errors.
******* CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature com.ibm.productivity.tools.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]

Old 08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
"Mumia W."

On 08/07/2008 12:24 PM, MirJafar Ali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded IBM lotus symphony from IBM site
> and was trying to install on 64 bit machine.
>
> Initially it was giving message that libstdc++5.so was
> required. So I manually changed its library path in the
> *.bin file.

That probably wasn't a good idea.

> Everything went smoothly till end and I got the following messages: I am
> sure that I have the lastest
> JRE and other JAVA Software on my machine.
>
> Has somebody encountered this problem and was
> it solved ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> ************************************************** ***
> Below are details about the features that failed to set up.
> Unable to complete action for feature "Default Personality" due to errors.
> CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature
> com.ibm.rcp.personality.default.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]
> Unable to complete action for feature "Portal Support" due to errors.
> CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature
> com.ibm.portal.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]
> Unable to complete action for feature "com.ibm.productivity.tools.feature"
> due to errors.
> CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature
> com.ibm.productivity.tools.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]

Restore the library path in the .bin file to its normal form. The
package libstdc++5 contains libstdc++.co.5. If the .bin file is really
looking for 'libstdc++5.so,' you can create a symbolic link in /usr/lib.

Of course, I'm assuming that libstdc++5 exists for the AMD64 platform;
if not, perhaps your way is best.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:39 PM
NoOp

On 08/07/2008 10:24 AM, MirJafar Ali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded IBM lotus symphony from IBM site
> and was trying to install on 64 bit machine.
>
> Initially it was giving message that libstdc++5.so was
> required. So I manually changed its library path in the
> *.bin file.
>
> Everything went smoothly till end and I got the following messages: I am
> sure that I have the lastest
> JRE and other JAVA Software on my machine.
>
> Has somebody encountered this problem and was
> it solved ?
>
> Thanks.

Change it back and install libstdc++5:
sudo apt-get install libstdc++5
See:http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libstdc++5

Note: the same lib is required on a 32bit machine for Symphony,
Realplayer etc., etc.

You might also find this of interest:
http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/24825.wss
Note that Ubuntu plan to distribute Lotus Symphony via the repositories.
That ought to be real interesting considering that Symphony uses a very
outdated & modified version of OpenOffice 1.1.4... their beta 3 version
was using OOo 2.3, so it will be interesting to see whether they
actually end up with a release later than 2.3.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
NoOp

On 08/08/2008 11:39 AM, NoOp wrote:

> Change it back and install libstdc++5:
> sudo apt-get install libstdc++5
> See:http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libstdc++5
>
> Note: the same lib is required on a 32bit machine for Symphony,
> Realplayer etc., etc.
>
> You might also find this of interest:
> http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/24825.wss
> Note that Ubuntu plan to distribute Lotus Symphony via the repositories.
> That ought to be real interesting considering that Symphony uses a very
> outdated & modified version of OpenOffice 1.1.4... their beta 3 version
> was using OOo 2.3, so it will be interesting to see whether they
> actually end up with a release later than 2.3.

Sorry, forgot to add this for 64bit:
<http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/supportThread.jspa?messageID=11250>