Old 11-20-2007, 03:24 PM
anthony baldwin

Default alter language in T-bird on the fly

Amigos,

I know I can set a default language for T-bird, but, I write in
4 different languages (EN, ES, FR, PT).
Now, for instance, in OpenOffice, I can highlight text, rt-clik,
and choose another language, so spellcheck is set for the appropriate,
language,
etc.
Is there a way to do this in T-bird?
Everytime I write in something other than EN, it lights up the message
in red.
I have the dictionaries installed for my other languages, but, it seems
like T-bird only wants to deal with one language at a time.
Changing the default language everytime I write a message would
be neither practical nor convenient.

Should I be pestering someone at Mozilla.org about this, rather than
this list?

Muito obrigado, merci beaucoup, muchas gracias,
thanks,
tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
Translation & Interpreting

Old 11-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Caleb Marcus

Yes, they probably have more to do with this behavior than the Ubuntu people. You may want to try looking for extensions that solve your problem, though... go to http://addons.mozilla.org to check.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Thilo Six

anthony baldwin wrote the following on 20.11.2007 17:24
> Amigos,
>
> I know I can set a default language for T-bird, but, I write in
> 4 different languages (EN, ES, FR, PT).
> Now, for instance, in OpenOffice, I can highlight text, rt-clik,
> and choose another language, so spellcheck is set for the appropriate,
> language,
> etc.
> Is there a way to do this in T-bird?

gnome menu > system settings > Language support
(currently not in gnome, so the above is from my head)

install the languages you need/use.

then close and reopen TB.
their should be grammar check button in the TB compose window, if not be
default right-click on the icon pane and drack&drop it to there.

then with this you can change the spell checking on the fly within TB.

HTH
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 PM
anthony baldwin

Thilo Six wrote:
> anthony baldwin wrote the following on 20.11.2007 17:24
>
>> Amigos,
>>
>> I know I can set a default language for T-bird, but, I write in
>> 4 different languages (EN, ES, FR, PT).
>> Now, for instance, in OpenOffice, I can highlight text, rt-clik,
>> and choose another language, so spellcheck is set for the appropriate,
>> language,
>> etc.
>> Is there a way to do this in T-bird?
>>

> gnome menu > system settings > Language support
> (currently not in gnome, so the above is from my head)
>
> install the languages you need/use.
>
> then close and reopen TB.
> their should be grammar check button in the TB compose window, if not be
> default right-click on the icon pane and drack&drop it to there.
>
> then with this you can change the spell checking on the fly within TB.
>

> HTH

Oh yeah, I already had all the languages installed, but,
I didn´t even think to check the actual spellcheck button...
Who´d have thought it would be so simple, eh?

Thanks mucho!

Tony

Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Thilo Six

anthony baldwin wrote the following on 20.11.2007 22:33

<<-snip->>

> Thanks mucho!

¡de nada!

--