Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
"Greg Lindstrom"

Default Wireless Network Key

Is there a way for me to enter my wireless network key so that I do
not need to enter it each time I connect? I'm running version 8.04.

Thanks!
--greg

Old 08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
"Santiago Hernández Lemes"

2008/8/6 Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom@gmail.com>

Is there a way for me to enter my wireless network key so that I do

not need to enter it each time I connect? *I'm running version 8.04.

Yes of couse, I am not sure right now because I am at work, but you can
store it, havent you see a Remember Password in Gnome-Network-Manager?,
I am using Wicd now, its really good, and I can store setting for many
conections.

Santiago Hernández
http://www.tulugar.com.uy
http://www.twitter.com/santius

Old 08-06-2008, 02:06 PM
"Mark Haney"

Greg Lindstrom wrote:
> Is there a way for me to enter my wireless network key so that I do
> not need to enter it each time I connect? I'm running version 8.04.
>
> Thanks!
> --greg

Bash is your friend. Just write a small shell script that includes the
key. I do that for most of my wireless connections.

But be warned, that's a potential security risk, so lock that script
down tight.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support