FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Demetry
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

Hi community,

I downloaded the "Hardy Heron" Desktop CD for AMD 64.
A few time later after the jungle sound I started the Orca and the Orca
preferences. In the sub-dialog Braille there's the braille support
enabled. But I can only hear the voice and my braille display will not
start. I don't know why that really.
In the run dialog the command BRLTTY works not. What can I do?
And my other question is how I work right with Orca?

Thanks in advance.
Demetry


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
NoOp
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

On 08/06/2008 05:05 AM, Demetry wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> I downloaded the "Hardy Heron" Desktop CD for AMD 64.
> A few time later after the jungle sound I started the Orca and the Orca
> preferences. In the sub-dialog Braille there's the braille support
> enabled. But I can only hear the voice and my braille display will not
> start. I don't know why that really.
> In the run dialog the command BRLTTY works not. What can I do?
> And my other question is how I work right with Orca?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Demetry
>
>

Did you use F5 at the boot menu to select Braille Terminal?

Once you have, continue to boot (Try Ubuntu without any change to your
computer" and it will then prompt you for your terminal type:
Bluetooth
Serial
USB Serial
Note: if it is a USB device it should be detected automatically.






--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Demetry
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

On 8/6/2008 10:22 PM, NoOp wrote:
> Did you use F5 at the boot menu to select Braille Terminal?
>
>
On which entry that is? Which number?


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 PM
NoOp
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

On 08/06/2008 02:33 PM, Demetry wrote:
> On 8/6/2008 10:22 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> Did you use F5 at the boot menu to select Braille Terminal?
>>
>>
> On which entry that is? Which number?
>
>

When you boot from the liveCD, the first thing it does is ask your
language and after you've entered your language it then goes to the boot
menu. At that menu press the F5 key (Funtion 5); from there use the down
arrrow to select Braille Terminal. When you press F5 there will be the
following selections:

None
High Contrast
Magnifier
Screen Reader
Braille Terminal
Keyboard Modifiers
On-Screen Keyboard

Use the down arrow (4 down) to select Braille Terminal, then press
'Enter'. Press 'Enter' again; that will load the linux kernel and then
drop you into the Braille configuration menu.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Demetry
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

Hi,

When I am choosing the Braille Terminal the braile won't detected? My
braille display is a PAC Mate from Freedom Scientific and uses an USB port.
Who can help me?

Thanks alot.
Demetry

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Demetry
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

On 8/7/2008 12:04 AM, NoOp wrote:
> Use the down arrow (4 down) to select Braille Terminal, then press
> 'Enter'. Press 'Enter' again; that will load the linux kernel and then
> drop you into the Braille configuration menu.
>

It seems the Braille Terminal does not work? I chosen it and then i
happen nothing. The system boot forwarding.

Demetry


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
NoOp
 
Default Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

On 08/07/2008 11:22 AM, Demetry wrote:
> On 8/7/2008 12:04 AM, NoOp wrote:
>> Use the down arrow (4 down) to select Braille Terminal, then press
>> 'Enter'. Press 'Enter' again; that will load the linux kernel and then
>> drop you into the Braille configuration menu.
>>
>
> It seems the Braille Terminal does not work? I chosen it and then i
> happen nothing. The system boot forwarding.
>
> Demetry
>
>

You might try unplugging it from the USB port, waiting a minute or two,
and then plugging back in. It is possible that it is not being detected
properly on startup. If that doesn't work then I suggest that you might
have better luck/responses on the Accessibility list:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-accessibility
or Assistive Technology & Accessibility Forum:
<http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?s=7612e188ba273aa3e6efc3a3a57f97d 2&f=145&order=desc>

Sorry, not trying to move you off to another list/forum, but those are
probably the better choices for your questions. If you have problems
subscribing to the accessibility list let me know and I'll be happy to
post a question on that list for you.

Note: when you do post on the accessibility list, I'd recommend that you
be sure and tell them exactly what type of FS Pac Mate you are using
(20/40?) and what you have attempted so far. Good luck Demetry & post
back if that still doesn't help you out.





--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org