Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Mario Vukelic

Default Searchng the archive

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 09:19 +0800, Chris Jeffries wrote:
> So my first tech support question to this list is, how do I search the
> archives without trudging through every one manually.

I never find things when I search the bug database at Launchpad
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/) but I use Google with the site: option,
like this:
<http://www.google.de/search?q=intrepid+pulse+no+sound+site%
3Alaunchpad.net>
Works pretty well.

Google is also quick to pick up the mailing list, so you can do:
<http://www.google.de/search?q=intrepid+pulse+no+sound+site%
3Alists.ubuntu.com>

Thanks for searching the archive!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 19:17 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> if you use the advance search

How? Please! I've been looking for an advanced search on launchpad
forever (I so want to have bugzilla back)

Old 08-06-2008, 06:00 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 07:09 +0200, Marcin ‘Qrczak’ Kowalczyk wrote:
> On a search results page there is a link "Advanced search".

Thanks. Have I been blind all this time, or is this new since the new
Launchpad look was introduced?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 PM
NoOp

On 08/05/2008 11:00 PM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 07:09 +0200, Marcin ‘Qrczak’ Kowalczyk wrote:
>> On a search results page there is a link "Advanced search".
>
> Thanks. Have I been blind all this time, or is this new since the new
> Launchpad look was introduced?

Can't recall. It might have been added with the 'new & improved'
launchpad as I've always used google to get at the duplicates in the past.