Old 08-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Rashkae

Default Mouse wheel scroll down stopped working

Salih ML wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> My mouse wheel stopped working properly when I scroll down. Scrolling
> up is pretty good but scroll down 1 out of 3 trial works. Sometimes it
> starts working ok, then goes back to the old state again..
>
> Does anybody have an idea?

Replace mouse.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:35 AM
"Salih ML"

It is an idea.. But I don't think it is the problem.. This one is
working well on the same laptop when I boot Windows.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Rashkae

Salih ML wrote:
> It is an idea.. But I don't think it is the problem.. This one is
> working well on the same laptop when I boot Windows.

Hmm, that is *very* odd then. I would still think it worthwhile to
borrow another mouse to plug in the notebook before trying any software
tinkering. Also, does your notebook have a touchpad? are you able to
disable the touchpad from your bios or a toggle button on the notebook
(the good ones have a touchpad turn off button)

Also, I've seen mention on the list with Hardy of solving some strange
mouse behaviour by disabling "keyboard mouse navigation", somewhere in
the Ubuntu System or Preferences menus (sorry, don't have Hardy in front
of me at the moment.)