Old 08-06-2008, 12:55 AM
"ryan lerch"

Default Release Artwork Process

hi all!

yesterday, on IRC ianweller suggested that i make an image/diagram outlining the release artwork development process...

here is my first work in progress... feel free to work on this if you want, add content, make it look prettier...

PNG:
http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/art.png
SVG:
http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/artteamprocess.svg

cheers,
ryanlerch

P.S. Martin: I am not changing the background stripes...

Old 08-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Nicu Buculei

ryan lerch wrote:
> yesterday, on IRC ianweller suggested that i make an image/diagram

outlining the release artwork development process...

here is my first work in progress... feel free to work on this if you
want, add content, make it look prettier...

PNG:
http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/art.png

I would call them "rounds" instead of "phases", just for consistency
with the language we use on the wiki and haveused in the releases so far.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
wonderer

Hy,

I had yesterday no time for IRCing, but the diagram looks very nice.
Some ideas I had on this to improve this Diagram a bit:
* did't we have a corporate Font for fedora?
* the pases/steps I found very good - not to much steps to get to a goal
* what should be Phase 2 and 3 (text)?
* Sorry, to hear about the stripes, I found them ... not so good for reading

I would vote to implement it directly into the guidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#Fedora_Artwork_Guidelines

best,

Henrik

Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Nicu Buculei

wonderer wrote:

Hy,

I had yesterday no time for IRCing, but the diagram looks very nice.
Some ideas I had on this to improve this Diagram a bit:
* did't we have a corporate Font for fedora?

And you think the font used by Ryan is *not* MgOpen Modata?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Complementary_Font

* the pases/steps I found very good - not to much steps to get to a goal
* what should be Phase 2 and 3 (text)?

Se here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#Base_Theme_Milestones

* Sorry, to hear about the stripes, I found them ... not so good for
reading

I would vote to implement it directly into the guidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#Fedora_Artwork_Guidelines

Those guidelines are general, for any Fedora graphic. This diagram is
about the release graphics, only a small part of what we are doing.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
"Vara Prasad Pepakayala"

I am sorry to involve in this mail guys.. I am new here.. and those guidlines are also fine for me .. and about those phases in the art.png.. some one mentioned that phase one has been closed and we are wirking for phase two for now? Did i get it right?

http://factsrevised.blogspot.com

Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Nicu Buculei

Vara Prasad Pepakayala wrote:
I am sorry to involve in this mail guys.. I am new here.. and those

Do not be sorry, be bold and participate in our various talks.

guidlines are also fine for me .. and about those phases in the

They are basically a pretty presentation of
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#Base_Theme_Milestones

art.png.. some one mentioned that phase one has been closed and we are
wirking for phase two for now? Did i get it right?

Yes, Round 1 ended on July 21 and we do not accept new theme concepts
for Fedora 10, we are in Round 2, where we are supposed to refine the
existing proposals.
Also, this is the perfect time for some "natural selection" of the
themes, with the strong ones emerging. How? by contributors working on
what they like/find interesting.