FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
"Mark Haney"
 
Default nfs mount not working

Donny George wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:
>
>> Donny George wrote:
>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>
>> wrote:
>>>> Donny George wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> hey mark
>>>>>
>>>>> thankyou for the mail
>>>>>
>>>>> and now its seems working
>>>>>
>>>>> this is the etc/export on the server
>>>>>
>>>>> /home/users 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)
>>>>> /srv 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> and the clients etc/fstab is
>>>>>
>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/srv /srv nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/home/users /home/users nfs
>>>> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
>>>>> this is working at the moment
>>>>>
>>>>> but i dont know wen it will stop working
>>>>>
>>>>> donny
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> I'm don't see how it could be working unless the user accounts were
>>>> sync'd up, or you just chmod'd everything wide open on those nfs mounts.
>>>> Having RW on the export give the user the ability but not the
>>>> permissions to modify a file on the mount. That's a whole separate
>> issue.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Mark Haney
>>>> Sr. Systems Administrator
>>>> ERC Broadband
>>>> (828) 350-2415
>>>>
>>>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>>>
>>>
>>> hey
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> i reset the read write persmissions for the shared files on the server. i
>>> reset it to all. so may be that explains why i can create or write on
>> this
>>> shared files
>>>
>>>
>>> donny
>>>
>>>
>> Well, if you're okay with that security hole, that is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>>
>>
>> Mark Haney
>> Sr. Systems Administrator
>> ERC Broadband
>> (828) 350-2415
>>
>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
> hey mark
>
> at the moment i just needed it to get LDAP running. so once its runs
> perfectly fine then i will look into the secirty lapse
>
> don
>
>

You needed to get NFs working so you can get LDAP running? Okay. I
didn't realize they were dependent on each other.

I'll be glad to help you with figuring out the proper permissions when
you get time.



--
Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar


Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
"Donny George"
 
Default nfs mount not working

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:

Donny George wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:

>

>> Donny George wrote:

>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>

>> wrote:

>>>> Donny George wrote:

>>>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>

>>>> wrote:

>>>>

>>>>> hey mark

>>>>>

>>>>> thankyou for the mail

>>>>>

>>>>> and now its seems working

>>>>>

>>>>> this is the etc/export on the server

>>>>>

>>>>> /home/users 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)

>>>>> /srv 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> and the clients etc/fstab is

>>>>>

>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/srv /srv nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/home/users /home/users nfs

>>>> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

>>>>> this is working at the moment

>>>>>

>>>>> but i dont know wen it will stop working

>>>>>

>>>>> donny

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>> I'm don't see how it could be working unless the user accounts were

>>>> sync'd up, or you just chmod'd everything wide open on those nfs mounts.

>>>> *Having RW on the export give the user the ability but not the

>>>> permissions to modify a file on the mount. That's a whole separate

>> issue.

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> Mark Haney

>>>> Sr. Systems Administrator

>>>> ERC Broadband

>>>> (828) 350-2415

>>>>

>>>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> ubuntu-users mailing list

>>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

>>>>

>>>

>>> hey

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> i reset the read write persmissions for the shared files on the server. i

>>> reset it to all. so may be that explains why i can create or write on

>> this

>>> shared files

>>>

>>>

>>> donny

>>>

>>>

>> Well, if you're okay with that security hole, that is perfectly acceptable.

>>

>>

>>

>> --

>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar

>>

>>

>> Mark Haney

>> Sr. Systems Administrator

>> ERC Broadband

>> (828) 350-2415

>>

>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

>>

>> --

>> ubuntu-users mailing list

>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

>>

> hey mark

>

> at the moment i just needed it to get LDAP running. so once its runs

> perfectly fine then i will look into the secirty lapse

>

> don

>

>



You needed to get NFs working so you can get LDAP running? *Okay. *I

didn't realize they were dependent on each other. *



I'll be glad to help you with figuring out the proper permissions when

you get time.







--

Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar





Mark Haney

Sr. Systems Administrator

ERC Broadband

(828) 350-2415



Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


hey mark

ldap and nfs are so dependent and thats the reason i keep banging my head on nfs.

i have trying to get the ldap working since almost one week, its only today that i was able to log in with the user created at ldap server frmo a client machine. so i guess atleast today i can sleep peacefully and hope the machine works tomo too



don


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
"Mark Haney"
 
Default nfs mount not working

Donny George wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:
>
>> Donny George wrote:
>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>
>> wrote:
>>>> Donny George wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> Donny George wrote:
>>>>>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> hey mark
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> thankyou for the mail
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> and now its seems working
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> this is the etc/export on the server
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /home/users 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)
>>>>>>> /srv 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> and the clients etc/fstab is
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/srv /srv nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
>>>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/home/users /home/users nfs
>>>>>> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
>>>>>>> this is working at the moment
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> but i dont know wen it will stop working
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> donny
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'm don't see how it could be working unless the user accounts were
>>>>>> sync'd up, or you just chmod'd everything wide open on those nfs
>> mounts.
>>>>>> Having RW on the export give the user the ability but not the
>>>>>> permissions to modify a file on the mount. That's a whole separate
>>>> issue.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Mark Haney
>>>>>> Sr. Systems Administrator
>>>>>> ERC Broadband
>>>>>> (828) 350-2415
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>>>>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>>>>>
>>>>> hey
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> i reset the read write persmissions for the shared files on the server.
>> i
>>>>> reset it to all. so may be that explains why i can create or write on
>>>> this
>>>>> shared files
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> donny
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> Well, if you're okay with that security hole, that is perfectly
>> acceptable.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Mark Haney
>>>> Sr. Systems Administrator
>>>> ERC Broadband
>>>> (828) 350-2415
>>>>
>>>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>>>
>>> hey mark
>>>
>>> at the moment i just needed it to get LDAP running. so once its runs
>>> perfectly fine then i will look into the secirty lapse
>>>
>>> don
>>>
>>>
>> You needed to get NFs working so you can get LDAP running? Okay. I
>> didn't realize they were dependent on each other.
>>
>> I'll be glad to help you with figuring out the proper permissions when
>> you get time.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>>
>>
>> Mark Haney
>> Sr. Systems Administrator
>> ERC Broadband
>> (828) 350-2415
>>
>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>
> hey mark
>
> ldap and nfs are so dependent and thats the reason i keep banging my head on
> nfs.
>
> i have trying to get the ldap working since almost one week, its only today
> that i was able to log in with the user created at ldap server frmo a client
> machine. so i guess atleast today i can sleep peacefully and hope the
> machine works tomo too
>
>
> don
>
>

I have had nfs/ldap working flawlessly for over 3 years now on our
network. I'll be glad to help you work on it off list if you like.



--
Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar


Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM
"Donny George"
 
Default nfs mount not working

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:


Donny George wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:

>

>> Donny George wrote:

>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>

>> wrote:

>>>> Donny George wrote:

>>>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>

>>>> wrote:

>>>>>> Donny George wrote:

>>>>>>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org>

>>>>>> wrote:

>>>>>>

>>>>>>> hey mark

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> thankyou for the mail

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> and now its seems working

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> this is the etc/export on the server

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> /home/users 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)

>>>>>>> /srv 10.4.139.3(rw,no_root_squash,async)

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> and the clients etc/fstab is

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/srv /srv nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

>>>>>>> 10.4.139.2:/home/users /home/users nfs

>>>>>> rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

>>>>>>> this is working at the moment

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> but i dont know wen it will stop working

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> donny

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>> I'm don't see how it could be working unless the user accounts were

>>>>>> sync'd up, or you just chmod'd everything wide open on those nfs

>> mounts.

>>>>>> *Having RW on the export give the user the ability but not the

>>>>>> permissions to modify a file on the mount. That's a whole separate

>>>> issue.

>>>>>>

>>>>>> --

>>>>>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Mark Haney

>>>>>> Sr. Systems Administrator

>>>>>> ERC Broadband

>>>>>> (828) 350-2415

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

>>>>>>

>>>>>> --

>>>>>> ubuntu-users mailing list

>>>>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

>>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

>>>>>>

>>>>> hey

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> i reset the read write persmissions for the shared files on the server.

>> i

>>>>> reset it to all. so may be that explains why i can create or write on

>>>> this

>>>>> shared files

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> donny

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>> Well, if you're okay with that security hole, that is perfectly

>> acceptable.

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> Mark Haney

>>>> Sr. Systems Administrator

>>>> ERC Broadband

>>>> (828) 350-2415

>>>>

>>>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> ubuntu-users mailing list

>>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

>>>>

>>> hey mark

>>>

>>> at the moment i just needed it to get LDAP running. so once its runs

>>> perfectly fine then i will look into the secirty lapse

>>>

>>> don

>>>

>>>

>> You needed to get NFs working so you can get LDAP running? *Okay. *I

>> didn't realize they were dependent on each other. *

>>

>> I'll be glad to help you with figuring out the proper permissions when

>> you get time.

>>

>>

>>

>> --

>> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar

>>

>>

>> Mark Haney

>> Sr. Systems Administrator

>> ERC Broadband

>> (828) 350-2415

>>

>> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

>>

>> --

>> ubuntu-users mailing list

>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

>>

>

> hey mark

>

> ldap and nfs are so dependent and thats the reason i keep banging my head on

> nfs.

>

> i have trying to get the ldap working since almost one week, its only today

> that i was able to log in with the user created at ldap server frmo a client

> machine. so i guess atleast today i can sleep peacefully and hope the

> machine works tomo too

>

>

> don

>

>



I have had nfs/ldap working flawlessly for over 3 years now on our

network. *I'll be glad to help you work on it off list if you like.







--

Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar





Mark Haney

Sr. Systems Administrator

ERC Broadband

(828) 350-2415



Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



oh

so sorry i didnt know i was talking to a GURU in ldap.

i cud never find any correct documentation to set up the ldap.

right now i have set up an ldap server and a client on the same machine the documentation was something like this











The softwares which have to be installed at the server side are

slapd
ldap-utils
db4.2-util
migrationtools (if any database is to be migrated from another server)
phpldapadmin (web based server management with better gui)



Needed sofware for Client (also for Server to setup a client on server)

libnss-ldap
libpam-ldap
nscd
portmap


Configuration files for server

Create the password for the administrator

$ slappasswd
New password:
Re-enter password:
{MD5}d2BamRTgBuhC6SxC0vFGWol31ki8iq5m

u can use slappasswd -h {Md5} if u need an Md5 password encryption
{SSHA}4ODePKzs1kHeSixhXxjZRUO1ccmRhNuz
{MD5}XvpJ/rW6GRZCVS386MHZdw==
Edit the /etc/ldap/slapd.conf

# Make sure you edit or add these directives after the first 'database' directive.
#replace all appearences of "dc=mml,dc=nodomain" with "dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de" in the file
suffix "dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de"
directory "/var/lib/ldap"
rootdn "cn=admin,dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de"
rootpw {MD5}<hier the encrypted admin password have to be filled in >

NOTE : it so happened that one time the suffix and rootdn where seperated with some other lines and the login into phpldapadmin didnt work. So we had to type them all together one after the other. (though its weird, that was the trouble once)


NOTE: We also have a tool to compare two files, just do apt-get install xxdiff.
Then the command to compare two files would be
xxdiff /source /destination



Edit /etc/ldap/ldap.conf and add:

ldap_version 3
HOST localhost
BASE dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de
URI ldap://localhost



in the /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini set the value

memory_limit = 24M

restart the apache server /etc/init.d/apache2 restart


when the phpldapadmin website gives an low memory error

/etc/phpldapadmin/config.php

replace "nodomain" with "dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de" (or with the domain of your choice)

the full string for this setting is:

$ldapservers->SetValue($i,'server','base',array('dc=mml,dc=un i-freiburg,dc=de'));
# (this is the file which controls the appearance on the GUI)


Restarting the server with /etc/init.d/slapd restart

With the command "ldapsearch -x" the server can be tested.

Unfortunately, the script does not create the Group and People nodes, so we need to create it. To do this, create a file called etc/ldap/base.ldif and fill it up with:

dn:dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o:mml
dc:mml

dn:cn=admin,dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn:admin



Now, we have our users and groups converted to LDAP's ldif format. Let import them into our LDAP database.
ldapadd -x -W -D "cn=admin,dc=debuntu,dc=local" -f etc/base.ldif


Configuration Files for the Client


/etc/pam.d/common-auth

auth sufficient pam_ldap.so
auth required pam_unix.so use_first_pass nullok_secure

auth ist f� Sicherheit zust�ig, ob der User, der er vorgibt zu sein auch wirklich dieser ist und somit ein Passwort verlangt.

/etc/pam.d/common-account

account sufficient pam_ldap.so
account required pam_unix.so use_first_pass

account pr�e Berechtigung, ob ein User den Dienst benutzen darf, oder ob vielleicht sein Passwort abgelaufen ist.

/etc/pam.d/common-password

password sufficient pam_ldap.so
password required pam_unix.so use_first_pass nullok obscure min=4 max=8 md5

password spezifiziert, wie ein Passwort gewechselt wird und wie dieses zusammengesetzt werden muss.

/etc/pam.d/common-session

session required pam_unix.so
session optional pam_foreground.so

session �mmt alle wichtigen Priorit�aufgaben und regelt die Prozesse wie das zur Verf�stellen des Heimatverzeichnisses.

/etc/ldap/ldap.conf

HOST 10.0.0.2 # IP des LDAP Servers
BASE dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de # BASE DN

In der ldap.conf sind die wichtigsten LDAP-Angaben untergebracht, die weit ins Detail verfeinert werden k�n, zun�st reicht es jedoch wenn, dort die Adresse des LDAP-Servers und die Suchbasis, in der man sich authentifizieren will, angegeben wird.


/etc/pam_ldap.conf

host 10.0.0.2
base dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de
rootbinddn cn=Administrator,dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de # der Adminaccountname des LDAP Servers


NSS - Modul - Konfiguration

NSS (System Databases and Name Service Switch configuration) gibt im System an, wo sich welche Datenbanken (Aliase, Benutzer, Gruppen, Netzwerke...etc.) befinden und in welcher Reihenfolge sie abgefragt oder genutzt werden sollen. So kann man f�e Datenbank individuell angeben wie der LookUp Prozess funktionieren soll. (/etc/nsswitch.conf)

/etc/libnss-ldap.conf

host 10.0.0.2
base dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de
ldap_version 3


/etc/nsswitch.conf

Achtung!

Nachdem man die nsswitch.conf editiert hat, k�e kein sudo mehr erfolgreich sein, wenn man sich vertan hat oder etwas Anderes nicht stimmt, denn dann m�e Ubuntu bereits auf den LDAP-Server zugreifen. Sorgfalt ist also geboten. Wenn man sich trotz aller Vorsicht ausgesperrt, hilft nur noch ein Start im Rettungsmodus oder von einer Live-CD um den Fehler zu korrigieren oder die alte nsswitch.conf wieder herzustellen. Im Artikel Recovery Modus ist auch ein weiterer Hinweis, wie man an das Root-Filesystem gelangt, um Fehler zu korrigieren oder Eintr� r�gig zu machen.

passwd: files ldap
group: files ldap
shadow: files ldap
hosts: files dns
networks: files

Test the communication with "getent passwd" or id "username" . Users have to be created on the LDAP-server to see them with the test.

In the file /etc/ldap.conf specify

host 132.230.139.65
blind_policy soft
ldap_version 3
base dc=mml,dc=uni-freiburg,dc=de




is there anythign wrong with this documentation. i collected it frmo various sources. i cant log in frmo the client with the user created at the ldap server. this is the problem that i am facing now

don



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 PM
"Mark Haney"
 
Default nfs mount not working

Donny George wrote:

>
> so sorry i didnt know i was talking to a GURU in ldap.

I wouldn't call myself a guru. I just have setup and maintained LDAP
databases for several years now.

> is there anythign wrong with this documentation. i collected it frmo various
> sources. i cant log in frmo the client with the user created at the ldap
> server. this is the problem that i am facing now
>

Honestly, I can't read the documentation you've included so I can't say
for sure that it's correct or not. Everything is so mashed together I
can't decipher it.

If you can send it to me via a file attachment directly, I'll take a
look at it.

On the TS side, ldapsearch is your friend here. With ldapsearch you can
determine what's failing with it's output. It'll tell you where the
trouble spots are in your configuration.


--
Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar


Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
"Donny George"
 
Default nfs mount not working

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:

Donny George wrote:



>

> so sorry i didnt know i was talking to a GURU in ldap.



I wouldn't call myself a guru. *I just have setup and maintained LDAP

databases for several years now.



> is there anythign wrong with this documentation. i collected it frmo various

> sources. i cant log in frmo the client with the user created at the ldap

> server. this is the problem that i am facing now

>



Honestly, I can't read the documentation you've included so I can't say

for sure that it's correct or not. *Everything is so mashed together I

can't decipher it.



If you can send it to me via a file attachment directly, I'll take a

look at it.



On the TS side, ldapsearch is your friend here. *With ldapsearch you can

determine what's failing with it's output. *It'll tell you where the

trouble spots are in your configuration.





--

Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar





Mark Haney

Sr. Systems Administrator

ERC Broadband

(828) 350-2415



Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



i am sending the file as attachment

don


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 PM
"Donny George"
 
Default nfs mount not working

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:

Donny George wrote:



>

> so sorry i didnt know i was talking to a GURU in ldap.



I wouldn't call myself a guru. *I just have setup and maintained LDAP

databases for several years now.



> is there anythign wrong with this documentation. i collected it frmo various

> sources. i cant log in frmo the client with the user created at the ldap

> server. this is the problem that i am facing now

>



Honestly, I can't read the documentation you've included so I can't say

for sure that it's correct or not. *Everything is so mashed together I

can't decipher it.



If you can send it to me via a file attachment directly, I'll take a

look at it.



On the TS side, ldapsearch is your friend here. *With ldapsearch you can

determine what's failing with it's output. *It'll tell you where the

trouble spots are in your configuration.





--

Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar





Mark Haney

Sr. Systems Administrator

ERC Broadband

(828) 350-2415



Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


hey marc

wen i do getent passwd, i get the users as

ttest:x:1005:1001:testuser,,,,:/home/users/ttest:/bin/bash
ttest:*:1005:1005:testuser test:/home/users/ttest:/bin/sh

ttest2:*:1006:1005:testuser2 test2:/home/users/ttest2:/bin/sh

and wen i do id ttest2 it says no user.
why is this happening even when i have created a user in the ldap as ttest2

don


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org