Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
norman

Default edubuntu upgrade

I decided to upgrade my granddaughters computer from Edubuntu 7.10 to
Edubuntu 8.04. All went well until the final few minutes when the
packages were being processed. The processing stopped at the line
'en_AU.UTF-8 . . . ' which was preceded by 'Generating locales'. After
waiting for about 30 minutes, in desperation, I switched the computer
off, waited a few minutes and then switched on again. Booting
progressed, I was asked for name and then password and then the screen
stayed a sort of pale brown otherwise blank.

Ctrl-Alt-F1, entered name and password and got a terminal. Following a
suggestion I did sudo dpkg --configure -a and again the processing stuck
at the same place as it had before.

I would be most grateful if someone could suggest how I could try to
overcome this problem otherwise I suppose I will have to download
Edubuntu 8.04 and install it over the part processed Edubuntu that is
there.

Norman