Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
"Craig Jackson"

Default Mysql connection problem

Hi,

Various applications at irregular intervals are losing connection to
Mysql.

1) I am using apache2-mpm-worker with libapache2-mod-auth-mysql. About
once per day Apache loses connection to Mysql (I am assuming this is
what is happening) and after correctly authenticating to a directory,
Apache gives "Internal Server Error" and the log says, incorrect
passowrd.

2) I am using Openvpn with myopenvpn module. About once or twice per
week, Openvpn says bad password even though the password is correct.

3) I am using Exim with Mysql. Once it was unable to connect to Mysql.

In each of cases, restarting Apache, Openvpn, or Exim temporarily fixes
the problem until the application loses connection again.

I have been using this setup for several years now and have only started
having this problem on upgrade to Feisty-fawn. This is a MAJOR problem
relating to Mysql and other applications on Ubuntu.

Has anyone seen this problem and a fix?

Thanks.
Craig Jackson
System Administrator