Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Demetry

Default I'm a new member and a question: Error during the installation of Ubuntu 8.04.1

Hello list,

Firstly, I'm a new member here. My name is Demetry, and I'm from Germany.

Normally, I use a machine with Windows Vista Home Premium. And now, I
would like to install Ubuntu as a second operating system.
I used the WUBI tool from the CD. The installation started and prepared
the setup. It was created an new image around 720 MB huge.

Umm, I'm a blind user. Under Windows I use JAWS.

Back to my problem: I started the WUBI installer and after a few minutes
I should restart the machine. And as I selected the Ubuntu to start I
get every to,e an error message. Because I am almost blind. Something
with MP-BIOS bug... and apic or so. The message was very long I can't
read that really. The system stops and i can not anything as to do press
a reset button from my pc.
I need to use in Ubuntu the screen reader Orca or the braille display.
I've here a PAC Mate display of Freedom Scientific.

Additionally, what can I do as next?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Demetry