Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Mike McGinn

Default Cisco VPN Anyconnect

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 04:26:49 Joeri De Backer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our company is changing towards a new VPN, which is the Cisco Anyconnect
> SSL VPN...
> I do not seem to be able to get it working on Ubuntu.
> - Anyone knows if there is a client that I can install? I tried the Cisco
> vpnclient, but that doesn't work for me, it doesn't seem to be working for
> this kind of VPN.
> - Anyone knows if I should be able to connect via the webinterface via
> Firefox for example? A webstart.xml is downloaded, but I don't know what I
> should do with it...
>
> If anyone has a pointer for me, or if anyone has experience with this....
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joeri
I find that vpnc works well with the Cisco units. We had problems with the
Cisco vpnclient too, but fortunately vpnc is in the repos.

--
Mike McGinn
Registered Linux User 377849

Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
"Joeri De Backer"

I find that vpnc works well with the Cisco units. We had problems with the
Cisco vpnclient too, but fortunately vpnc is in the repos.

I tried vpnc too, but when I use that, my network-icon from the panel disappears :-/
I didn't investigate further on, but I'll retry that one.
Thanks for your reply!
*
joeri