Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Anas

Default Ubuntu won't start

Greetings,

I'm using Ubuntu gutsy, when i try to star Ubuntu it boots and shows the
Nvidia splash screen and then it shows a black screen with the waiting
cursor, and still like this

yesterday I installed glib from source (the latest version) and I
installed gstreamer plug ins, what can I do

thanks in advance

Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Davide Corio

Il giorno lun, 04/08/2008 alle 13.15 +0300, Anas ha scritto:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu gutsy, when i try to star Ubuntu it boots and shows the
> Nvidia splash screen and then it shows a black screen with the waiting
> cursor, and still like this

it may be a compiz issue.
try to disable desktop-effects (though gconftool-2 for example)

> yesterday I installed glib from source (the latest version) and I
> installed gstreamer plug ins, what can I do

glibc from source? why?

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com

Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Chris Jones

> I'm using Ubuntu gutsy, when i try to star Ubuntu it boots and shows the
> Nvidia splash screen and then it shows a black screen with the waiting
> cursor, and still like this
>
> yesterday I installed glib from source (the latest version) and I
> installed gstreamer plug ins, what can I do

That was a bad idea. Any reason for install glib from source - What was
wrong with the ubuntu apt provided version ?

I would suggest trying to go back to the ubuntu version of glib

Chris