Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
"Oguz Yarimtepe"

Default us robotics maxg card problem

Hi,

I am trying to use a U.S Robotics MaXg USB Adapter at my Ubuntu Hardy
distro. It is a USR 5421 card with the id 0baf:011b. I read the
instructions at the ndiswrapper page for the 0baf cards
(http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,list_o-z/#u).
After i downloaded the exe and tried the mentioned inf file
ndiswrapper said wrong driver so i just installed USRMAXG.inf. I
checked the inf file inside and saw no other file copying is necessary
to the /etc/ndiswrapper/usrmaxg directory.

# ls /etc/ndiswrapper/usrmaxg/
14E4:4318:0119:16EC.5.conf 14E4:4318:011A:16EC.5.conf
14E4:4318.5.conf bcmwl5.sys usrmaxg.inf

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_local_rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idProduct}=="011b", ATTR{idVendor}=="0baf",
PROGRAM="/bin/sh -c 'echo "1" > /sys/%p/device/bConfigurationValue'"

After i restarted the udev, the card is not detected.
What can be the problem? Anybody has the same card and managed to run
it to the system? Or may there be an open source driver that may
support the card?

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
www.loopbacking.info