Old 08-04-2008, 08:05 AM
"Erik Danielsson"

Default Workspace switching

Hello.

I'm using Ubuntu Hardy with Gnome, and I'm having an annoying problem with the workspace switching. Whenever the mouse pointer is pointing at the background, and I scroll up or down, it switches to another workspace.

When I move the mouse pointer to the workspace switcher and use the scoll wheel, nothing happends. When the mouse pointer is moved to a window or terminal, everything is as it should be.

How can I remove the binding that switches workspaces when the scoll wheel is moved, I don't want to switch to another workspace every time I accidentally move the scoll outside of the window I'm using.

Regards
Erik

Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 PM
JAY HOPPA

Up-graded from Jaunty to Karmic with no problems. However in jaunty I was able to switch workspaces with my scroll

wheel, in Karmic I have to use the tool bar icon. What setting do i need to change. Any help would be welcomed.

Gerald

Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Xandros Pilosa

Dne 04.12.2009 (pet) ob 11:58 -0800 je JAY HOPPA zapisal(a):
> Up-graded from Jaunty to Karmic with no problems. However in jaunty I was able to switch workspaces with my scroll
>
> wheel, in Karmic I have to use the tool bar icon. What setting do i need to change. Any help would be welcomed.
>
> Gerald

Hello Gerald,

you can see if this helps ( the very same issue):

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-November/201828.html

Regards

Old 12-07-2009, 12:25 AM
JAY HOPPA

>Dne 04.12.2009 (pet) ob 11:58 -0800 je JAY HOPPA zapisal(a):
>> Up-graded from Jaunty to Karmic with no problems. However in jaunty I was able to switch workspaces with my scroll
> >
> w>heel, in Karmic I have to use the tool bar icon. What setting do i need to change. Any help would be welcomed.
> >
> >Gerald
> >

>Hello Gerald,

>you can see if this helps ( the very same issue):

>https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-November/201828.html

Thanks for the valuable link,i am not sure how I missed that. Works like a charm>

Gerald