Old 08-03-2008, 01:40 PM
ssc1478

Default sound in LinDVD

I bought a new Dell 1525N with Ubuntu 8.04 installed. I've noticed
when playing a DVD with LinDVD, that the volume over time drops. Even
the volume level slider drops.

Anyone know what I can do so that the volume level stays where I put it?

Thanks,
Phil

Old 08-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Davide Corio

Il giorno dom, 03/08/2008 alle 09.40 -0400, ssc1478 ha scritto:
> I bought a new Dell 1525N with Ubuntu 8.04 installed. I've noticed
> when playing a DVD with LinDVD, that the volume over time drops. Even
> the volume level slider drops.
>
> Anyone know what I can do so that the volume level stays where I put it?

Why use a buggy proprietary software when you can find valid free
alternatives?

However, i don't know lindvd at all, but that odd behaviour sounds to me
like a sound-normalizer plugin or something similar.

cheers,
--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com

Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Pastor JW

On Sunday 03 August 2008 06:40:10 am ssc1478 wrote:
> I bought a new Dell 1525N with Ubuntu 8.04 installed. I've noticed
> when playing a DVD with LinDVD, that the volume over time drops. Even
> the volume level slider drops.
>
> Anyone know what I can do so that the volume level stays where I put it?

Mine doesn't do that and LinDVD is the most used app I have on my 1525n. I
show at least 3 DVDs per day. My machine came with 7.10 and I upgraded it to
8.04 three days after I recieved it using Update Manager. Did you get one of
the new Dell 8.04 installs or did you update?

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
ssc1478

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 08:45:06 -0700
Pastor JW <pastor_jw@the-inner-circle.org> wrote:

> Mine doesn't do that and LinDVD is the most used app I have on my
> 1525n. I show at least 3 DVDs per day. My machine came with 7.10
> and I upgraded it to 8.04 three days after I recieved it using Update
> Manager. Did you get one of the new Dell 8.04 installs or did you
> update?

I got one of the new ones just a couple weeks ago - 8.04 came installed.

Glad to know it works, gives me motivation to find a solution. Thanks
for the feedback!

Phil