Old 08-03-2008, 01:28 PM
"Ashish Yadav"

Default KDE 4.1 installation freezes on kde-worspace-bin from http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy/main

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Jim Rosser <jarosser06@gmail.com> wrote:
> try sudo apt-get -f install dist-upgrade

That errors out saying that no option like dist-upgrade.

Is there any mirror for the http://ppa.launchpad.net?

Ashish

"There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Old 08-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 18:46 +0530, Ashish Yadav wrote:

> I am following instruction from
> "http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-Install-KDE-4-1-On-Ubuntu-8-04-91034.shtml".

Are you installing the full kubuntu-desktop now, or are you still doing
your upgrade-just-a-few-apps thing?

> However it stops at kde-workspace-bin and is not going further. What
> should I do?

What exactly is "it"? And what are the error messages you get?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:35 PM
"Ashish Yadav"

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@dantian.org> wrote:

> Are you installing the full kubuntu-desktop now, or are you still doing
> your upgrade-just-a-few-apps thing?

full kde-desktop as I had almost got everything and only 40 MB was
remaining to install.

>> However it stops at kde-workspace-bin and is not going further. What
>> should I do?
>
> What exactly is "it"? And what are the error messages you get?

Progress bar is staying at same 29% for infinite time

Old 08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
"Ashish Yadav"

OK its moving on now, I guess there server had some issues which got resolved.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 19:05 +0530, Ashish Yadav wrote:
> full kde-desktop as I had almost got everything and only 40 MB was
> remaining to install.

As expected
I see from the other reply that it works now. Good luck!