Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Alan Milnes

Default KDE4 WhyOhWhyOhWhy?!!

Graham Watkins wrote:
> Can anybody actually stand to use KDE4? I'm finding the menu almost
> impossible to navigate. I used to quite like KDE3 and this seems like a
> step backwards in terms of useability.

It is a step backwards - and quite deliberately so, this is a new
platform only just released and ramping up as developers code to the new
platform.

As far as the menu I agree - I have no idea what type of people would
find these type's of menu useful. The key thing you want in an interface
is predictability and these Vista-type monstrosities break that.

Alan

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 PM
debian

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 06:14 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 19:00 -0600, debian wrote:
> > Plus i hate how i cant create folders on my desktop.
>
> Well, that's one of the results of 4.0 being a developer release and
> again, it's not as if this was a secret. 4.1 has started to reintroduce
> desktop icons (though only inside a kind of window that you can place on
> the desktop). 4.2 will probably finish this development (and then you
> will be able to show files from any other folder on the desktop -- I
> think that's great)

oh good..is 4.1 in the repo?
--cj

Old 08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 13:28 -0600, debian wrote:
> oh good..is 4.1 in the repo?

See the other posts in the thread, it's all there.