Old 08-03-2008, 03:25 AM
NoOp

Default kernel order

Often I install the -386 kernel(s) in addition to the -generic
kernel(s), however if I do a grub update the -386 kernels always come up
as default regardless of when they were installed. I suppose that Grub
uses some form of alpha sort order for the kernels, but this causes me
to have to modify /etc/boot/grub/menu.list to put the -generic back on
top & the -386 under.

Is there a parameter in Grub that I can set to tell grub to put the
-generic kernel's first?