Old 08-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Ed Jabbour

Default hp Pavillion won't sleep

HP Pavillion dv9720us won't be put to sleep. 2GB RAM, 3GB swap. I've tried
fooling with Power Manager, with /etc/default acpi-support, and such. No
matter what I do, trying sleep only switches the screen to what looks to be
part of the boot process and I have to ctl-alt-del out. I've googled so
much I've gone cross-eyed and really don't remember everything I've tried.
Any hints or pointers greatly appreciated.