Old 08-02-2008, 05:33 PM
gigli

Default nuvexport

Hi

I have recently installed mythbuntu, i'm coming from gentoo and arch and
have used mythtv on those dist. My problem is that when i use nuvexport
on mythbuntu it does not use full capacity of my cpu which makes the
transcodings painfully slow. I think this is a kind of "feature" of
ubuntu, because it never happened on gentoo or arch. Is there any way to
make nuvexport go on full speed?

mythbuntu 8.04 i386
amd64 x2 3800+

Thanks
Martin

Old 08-02-2008, 09:51 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM, gigli <gigli@swipnet.se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently installed mythbuntu, i'm coming from gentoo and arch and
> have used mythtv on those dist. My problem is that when i use nuvexport
> on mythbuntu it does not use full capacity of my cpu which makes the
> transcodings painfully slow. I think this is a kind of "feature" of
> ubuntu, because it never happened on gentoo or arch. Is there any way to
> make nuvexport go on full speed?
>
> mythbuntu 8.04 i386
> amd64 x2 3800+

Were you 64 bit previously and 32 bit now?

Although I'm not transcoding expert, are you using the same tool?

Brian

Old 08-02-2008, 10:15 PM
gigli

Brian McKee skrev:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM, gigli <gigli@swipnet.se> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have recently installed mythbuntu, i'm coming from gentoo and arch and
>> have used mythtv on those dist. My problem is that when i use nuvexport
>> on mythbuntu it does not use full capacity of my cpu which makes the
>> transcodings painfully slow. I think this is a kind of "feature" of
>> ubuntu, because it never happened on gentoo or arch. Is there any way to
>> make nuvexport go on full speed?
>>
>> mythbuntu 8.04 i386
>> amd64 x2 3800+
>
> Were you 64 bit previously and 32 bit now?
>
> Although I'm not transcoding expert, are you using the same tool?
>
> Brian

I have used both 64 bit and 32 bit, mostly 64 bits on gentoo, you see my
cpu can run in 2ghz and did so in ex gentoo, but in ubuntu it only runs
in 1ghz, so it seems like something it should do, but i rather it
didn't. I used then cpufreq_ondemand and that's the same as in ubuntu.

Martin