-   -   3D graphics problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/136158-3d-graphics-problem.html)

Mario Vukelic 08-02-2008 10:31 AM

3D graphics problem

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 20:22 +1000, James Collier wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid Alpha 3 with a nVidia Corporation GeForce
> 7150M (rev a2) graphic card.

Please see
<http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/intrepid/alpha3#head-38dfdd3c2db985407004e04ca7c27db314b3ecc7>

"Xorg 7.4
The latest Xorg is available in Hardy, Xorg 7.4, with new cutting-edge
features. In the short term, this will cause increased instability for
some users while the video drivers catch up."

I don't know about Nvidia, but the proprietary ATi drivers have stopped
working completely for the time being, at least for me. The free
"radeon" driver does work, though (in 2D). I would not be surprised if
the situation was similar for Nvidia