Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
John Poelstra

Default help with feature process diagram

Is there someone here that could help me re-factor this diagram into
something that uses the page area a little better and uses the color
palette in a pleasing way?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Features_Policy_feature-process-flow.odg

I'd prefer to keep it in oodraw or inkscape so I can make changes myself
in the future if necessary.

Thanks,
John

Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 AM
"Klaatu and Gort"

John
I'm working on this now but there seem to be two different versions of the diagram.* I'm assuming it's the one immediately visible after clicking on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process** but I'd like your confirmation on this before I get too far along on it.

-klaatu

Is there someone here that could help me re-factor this diagram into something that uses the page area a little better and uses the color palette in a pleasing way?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Features_Policy_feature-process-flow.odg

I'd prefer to keep it in oodraw or inkscape so I can make changes myself in the future if necessary.

Thanks,

John

---
uzu linukso. subtenu libera programaro.
kotizu al http://www.thebadapples.info/ogg.xml
http://www.thebadapples.info/fedorareloaded/ogg.xml

Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
"Klaatu and Gort"

John,

the flowchart reworked in inkscape is attached. let me know if changes are* needed or feel free to change it yourself.* Enjoy,

-klaatu

Old 08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 18:06 -0700, Klaatu and Gort wrote:
> John
> I'm working on this now but there seem to be two different versions of
> the diagram. I'm assuming it's the one immediately visible after
> clicking on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process
> but I'd like your confirmation on this before I get too far along on
> it.

I can confirm for you that's the right one. :-)

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 09:08 -0700, Klaatu and Gort wrote:
> John,
>
> the flowchart reworked in inkscape is attached. let me know if changes
> are needed or feel free to change it yourself. Enjoy,

Nice work. I put the source and a PNG up on the wiki page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process

If there are tweaks we can just reupload as needed. I used the MgOpen
Modata font in one place where it looked like I didn't have any match on
my system -- simply because that's more of an "official" Fedora font in
terms of what we've adopted. I'm not married to it or anything. ;-)

Old 08-02-2008, 05:15 PM
"Klaatu and Gort"

Yeah I like the MgOpen Modata font, very Fedora-y.* I don't see it in my F9/KDE4 system...I wonder if it's not included or if I accidentally ditched it.* Seems like a good one to have around.

Anyway thanks for posting it for me -- I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to let John post it or what the procedure was.

-klaatu

2008/8/2 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 09:08 -0700, Klaatu and Gort wrote:

> John,

> the flowchart reworked in inkscape is attached. let me know if changes

> are *needed or feel free to change it yourself. *Enjoy,

Nice work. *I put the source and a PNG up on the wiki page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process

If there are tweaks we can just reupload as needed. *I used the MgOpen

Modata font in one place where it looked like I didn't have any match on

my system -- simply because that's more of an "official" Fedora font in

terms of what we've adopted. *I'm not married to it or anything. ;-)

--

Paul W. Frields

*gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 *5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717

*http://paul.frields.org/ * - *- * http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

*irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug

---

Old 08-02-2008, 05:35 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 10:15 -0700, Klaatu and Gort wrote:
> Yeah I like the MgOpen Modata font, very Fedora-y. I don't see it in
> my F9/KDE4 system...I wonder if it's not included or if I accidentally
> ditched it. Seems like a good one to have around.
>
> Anyway thanks for posting it for me -- I wasn't really sure if I was
> supposed to let John post it or what the procedure was.

It's no problem -- John and I collaborated on this process revamp so I
didn't think it was too presumptuous to jump in. ;-) If John finds an
opportunity to improve it we can simply fix and repost, it's the FOSS
way!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:38 AM
"ryan lerch"

I had done this before the other drawing was posted by Klaatu and Gort. But i thought i would post it up anyway...

The SVG is attached, and is also available here:
http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/festurerequestprocess.svg

a PNG is available here:
http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/featurerequestprocess.png

feel free to change / add / remove any parts of this diagram to suit the needs of the process...

hope this helps,

ryanlerch

Old 08-03-2008, 06:35 AM
"Klaatu and Gort"

my bad, ryan, i should have called dibs to avoid other people duplicating work.* Sorry!

I like all the pretty shading on your version......**

-klaatu

Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 AM
"ryan lerch"

its all good...
im sure someone can use the assets in it for many other diagrams...

cheers,
ryanlerch