Old 08-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Karl Larsen

Default playing XviD files

Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Did you try installing the 'libxvidcore4' package?
>
> Chris

I did so on Hardy and it worked fine with ap-get install and so
perhaps I am ready for the new movies.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 08-01-2008, 11:02 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 6:50 PM, POWERS, ZACK <zpowers@umflint.edu> wrote:

Gary,

Installing every single gstreamer codec may cause conflicts. However,

you can try downloading the mplayer package? After doing so open a

terminal and type "mplayer <pathtoxvidfile> and paste the contents of

the terminal here if it doesn't play.