Old 08-01-2008, 08:04 PM
"Zhengguo Xu"

Default newbie's question on file permission

thanks again all. to make the life much simpler, what i should do if i want to format the disk as native Linux file system? i can always use another disk to connect to windows anyway.

after backing up all data and format the disk as,say, ext3 (this part i know how to do), how do i set the disk auto-mount every time i plug it in my laptop? i remember once i format a 8GB usb stick as ext3 and every time i have to mount manually. or USb stick is different from the "Big Disk"?