Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
"Peter Goggin"

Default Problem with Acer AL707 LCD Monitor

have three computers connected to same mouse, keyboard and monitor via an
electronic switch. The first uses XP and the monitor displays at 1152 x 864
pixels. The other two both have ubuntu installed. The older displays at 1280 x 1024 pixels, while the newer system
will only display at 960 x 600 pixels. The same iso
was used to install the ubuntu on each machine and
all available updates have been applied.*
When I switch to the third system it forces the monitor into auto config mode, but I still can only get the 900 x 600
resolution. Are there any special drivers for this monitor which I need to
incorporate into the Linux?

*

By
the way with XP the third machine allowed me to get 1152 x
864 pixel resolution.

*

Regards

*