Old 02-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Camaleón

Default /etc/apt/sources.list

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:04:49 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Sb, 12 feb 11, 13:40:58, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> So, should people running "sid" also add the whole "testing" repo under
>> all circumstances (as default policy) or just when some package is
>> broken and is in the need of back to the previous version or something
>> is missing? :-?
>
> Can you think of a case where having testing in sources.list can hurt on
> a sid machine?

No (maybe it would require to play with repositories priorities), but I
also find not good reasons to have it both enabled "by default", unless
you fall into a very specific situation that it requires. Being a fast-
moving repository, "unstable" should be "healed" by itself very quickly.

Anyway, all in all I find this is more a user's decision.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Tom H

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Andrei Popescu
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sb, 12 feb 11, 05:54:55, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Andrei Popescu
>> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > As far as I understand sid/unstable users should always have testing in
>> > their sources.lists, since the Release Managers sometimes remove
>> > packages from unstable to help testing migration. I can search for the
>> > exact reference in case someone is interested.
>>
>> Yes, please.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg00582.html

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:29 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

In <AANLkTi=xEVFeQoyF=DAv+O92V6NXQGcuuGYq36h6yhM3@mai l.gmail.com>, Heddle
Weaver wrote:
>E: Release file expired, ignoring
>http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/dists/unstable/Release (invalid since 9h
>53min 14s)

This error indicates a bad mirror.

>Should I re-enter the 'testing' security line back in?
>The standard 'testing' line also?

Neither of those will fix a bad mirror.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.