-   -   Acer al707 LCD monitor (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/135538-acer-al707-lcd-monitor.html)

"Peter Goggin" 08-01-2008 05:44 AM

Acer al707 LCD monitor

I have three computers connected to same mouse, keyboard and monitor via
an electronic switch. The first uses XP and the monitor displays at 1152
x 864 pixels. The other two both have ubuntu installed. The older
displays at 1280 x 1024 pixels, while the newer system will only display
at 960 x 600 pixels. The same iso was used to install the ubuntu on each
machine and all available updates have been applied. When I switch to
the third system it forces the monitor into auto config mode, but I
still can only get the 900 x 600 resolution. Are there any special
drivers for this monitor which I need to incorporate into the Linux?

By the way with XP the third machine allowed me to get 1152 x 864 pixel
resolution.

Regards

Peter Goggin