Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
hippie dream

Default LISST-ST/ USB to Serial Adapter

Hello,

I have a IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter that I am attempting to use with
Ubuntu 8.04. IOGEAR itself does not provide any Linux support so I was
wondering if there is any way around this? That is, are there any drivers
available for a USB to Serial adapter that have Linux support and might work
with this particular adapter?

I am attempting to use a LISST-ST (a particle sizer for sediment studies) in
Ubuntu. I have been able to make the software work with Wine and now i just
need my computer to recognize the instrument. I think if I can make this
adapter work I will be able to have this thing working. Also, how can I in
Ubuntu search for new hardware once it is connected to my computer?

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated. Google has been reticent in its
helpfulness for this particular project.

Thanks!

Sam