Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 PM
"Åsa Henriksson"

Default add/remove applications

I recently installed ubuntu 7.10 and now I can't use add/remove applications. When I try to click a box in the list of available programs I get the following message:

"The list of applications is not availabe

Click on 'Reload' to load it. To reload the list you need a working internet connection. "

When I try to reload it doesn't work, even though my internet connection works. What to do?

Åsa

Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

I recently installed ubuntu 7.10 and now I can't use add/remove applications. When I try to click a box in the list of available programs I get the following message:

"The list of applications is not availabe

Click on 'Reload' to load it. To reload the list you need a working internet connection. "

When I try to reload it doesn't work, even though my internet connection works. What to do?

Åsa

Try opening a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and running the command < sudo apt-get update >

Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM
abby

Caleb Marcus wrote:
On Dec 5, 2007 10:05 AM, Åsa Henriksson <genomsnittsprofiten@gmail.com>
recently installed ubuntu 7.10 and now I can't use add/remove
applications. When I try to click a box in the list of available
programs I get the following message:

"The list of applications is not availabe

Click on 'Reload' to load it. To reload the list you need a working
internet connection. "

When I try to reload it doesn't work, even though my internet
connection works. What to do?

Åsa

Try opening a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and
running the command < sudo apt-get update >

Try changing your software mirror

System/administration/Software sources