-   -   add/remove applications (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/13513-add-remove-applications.html)

"Åsa Henriksson" 12-05-2007 02:05 PM

add/remove applications

I recently installed ubuntu 7.10 and now I can't use add/remove applications. When I try to click a box in the list of available programs I get the following message:

"The list of applications is not availabe

Click on 'Reload' to load it. To reload the list you need a working internet connection. "

When I try to reload it doesn't work, even though my internet connection works. What to do?

Åsa

"Caleb Marcus" 12-06-2007 12:25 PM

add/remove applications

I recently installed ubuntu 7.10 and now I can't use add/remove applications. When I try to click a box in the list of available programs I get the following message:

"The list of applications is not availabe

Click on 'Reload' to load it. To reload the list you need a working internet connection. "

When I try to reload it doesn't work, even though my internet connection works. What to do?

Åsa

Try opening a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and running the command < sudo apt-get update >

abby 12-06-2007 12:32 PM

add/remove applications

Caleb Marcus wrote:
On Dec 5, 2007 10:05 AM, Åsa Henriksson <genomsnittsprofiten@gmail.com>
recently installed ubuntu 7.10 and now I can't use add/remove
applications. When I try to click a box in the list of available
programs I get the following message:

"The list of applications is not availabe

Click on 'Reload' to load it. To reload the list you need a working
internet connection. "

When I try to reload it doesn't work, even though my internet
connection works. What to do?

Åsa

Try opening a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and
running the command < sudo apt-get update >

Try changing your software mirror

System/administration/Software sources