Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Jan Schaafsma

Default Update Manager broken

Dear sirs

I downloaded and installed the updates offered by the Update Manager on
3 December 2007. Since then the Update Manager no longer loads.

I get the following error messages:

E: Problem parsing dependency Replaces
E: Error occurred while processing kexi (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/za.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_gutsy-updates_main_binary_1386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

How can I fix this problem and get my Update Manager back?

Regards

Jan Schaafsma

Old 12-06-2007, 11:33 AM
anthony baldwin

Jan Schaafsma wrote:
> Dear sirs
>
> I downloaded and installed the updates offered by the Update Manager on
> 3 December 2007. Since then the Update Manager no longer loads.
>
> I get the following error messages:
>
> E: Problem parsing dependency Replaces
> E: Error occurred while processing kexi (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList
> /var/lib/apt/lists/za.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_gutsy-updates_main_binary_1386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
>
> How can I fix this problem and get my Update Manager back?
>
> Regards
>
> Jan Schaafsma

Did you try
sudo apt-get remove kexi?