Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 AM
sktsee

Default Help with WINE ???

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 16:32 -0700, REINHARD KOEPP wrote:
> I'm not even sure if this is ok for this forum -- BUT -- I've tried to
> use WINE on 7.10 & 8.04 -- It works ok most of the time -- BUT -- When
> I try to install windows software that is multi CD (like MS Streets &
> Trips) It will not work -- Has anyone using 7.10 or 8.04 with WINE had
> the same result ?????? -- OR -- Is there something I'm missin ??? -- All
> else I've installed that was less than multi CD has worked

When the software installer prompts you to "Put in Disk 2 then Press
OK" (or something to that effect) open a terminal and type "wine eject"
That will tell wine to unmount and eject the CD. Switch out the CDs,
then click OK, and the app should continue installing.

Also, whenever I install a windows app from CD, I temporarily disable
removable media browsing in gnome-volume manager. This prevents popping
up a Nautilus window every time I switch out CD's.

--
sktsee

Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Leif Gregory

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:10:29 -0500
sktsee <sktsee@tulsaconnect.com> wrote:

> When the software installer prompts you to "Put in Disk 2 then Press
> OK" (or something to that effect) open a terminal and type "wine
> eject" That will tell wine to unmount and eject the CD. Switch out
> the CDs, then click OK, and the app should continue installing.

I'll have to remember that and try it next time. I usually just copy
all the files off the CDs/DVDs to the hard drive and install from
there. Garmin Topo being the last one I had to do that with.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org