Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
REINHARD KOEPP

Default Help with WINE ???

I'm not even sure if this is ok for this forum -- BUT -- I've tried to
use WINE on 7.10 & 8.04 -- It works ok most of the time -- BUT -- When
I try to install windows software that is multi CD (like MS Streets &
Trips) It will not work -- Has anyone using 7.10 or 8.04 with WINE had
the same result ?????? -- OR -- Is there something I'm missin ??? -- All
else I've installed that was less than multi CD has worked

Thanks ---- RHK

Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 PM
"Chris Mohler"

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:32 PM, REINHARD KOEPP <koeppr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not even sure if this is ok for this forum -- BUT -- I've tried to
> use WINE on 7.10 & 8.04 -- It works ok most of the time -- BUT -- When
> I try to install windows software that is multi CD (like MS Streets &
> Trips) It will not work -- Has anyone using 7.10 or 8.04 with WINE had
> the same result ?????? -- OR -- Is there something I'm missin ??? -- All
> else I've installed that was less than multi CD has worked
>
> Thanks ---- RHK

A while back (Fedora Core 2), I was experimenting with Quickbooks
under WINE. It was an upgrade version, and WINE choked whrn I
switched disks. Not sure if this will still work, but I ended up
force-unmounting the first CD (as root) and manually mounting the
second CD. I had to repeat the process once the QB validation was
complete.

HTH,
Chris