Old 07-30-2008, 10:05 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

Default speed adjustment for music player- resolved

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 07/28/2008 12:28 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:

> I teach international folk dancing. *Is there an add-on for a linux

> compatible music player which allows you to adjust the speed of the

> playback? *This would make practicing easier. *I have had one for windows.

> Thanks

> Gary

Audacity. Has a nice slide bar that you can use to play at slower/faster

speeds in real-time without having to modify the sound file. Far right

on the toolbar just to the right of the green right arrow. Works

perfectly for my wife when she instructs Filipino folks dances.

From a terminal:

sudo apt-get install audacity

Or use Synaptic to install.

Gary