Old 07-30-2008, 07:53 PM

Default using dpkg, adept or apt-get query

Is it possible to get dpkg, adept or apt-get to report the date and time packages were installed?

I am trying to determine whether a newly arising behavior on my machine is associated with the presence of a particular package, but I only know that the behavior arose yesterday and I installed several (but don't remember which) packages at different times.

Paul

Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 AM
sktsee

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 19:53 +0000, pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:
> Is it possible to get dpkg, adept or apt-get to report the date and
> time packages were installed?
>
> I am trying to determine whether a newly arising behavior on my
> machine is associated with the presence of a particular package, but I
> only know that the behavior arose yesterday and I installed several
> (but don't remember which) packages at different times.
>
> Paul

Look in /var/log/dpkg for a log of recent package management actions
performed either through a front-end, or by invoking dpkg directly.

--
sktsee