Old 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Does blue make you blue?

Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our
desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?
Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 07-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Ian Weller

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:52:46PM +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our
> desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?
> Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?

We have a few theme proposals that use blue predominantly along with
some other color.

There is no way we can not continue using blue, in my opinion. But
adding a bit of other color doesn't hurt, IMHO.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
RazGriz

we can continue with it in my opinion *(its our ID too)

2008/7/30 Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:52:46PM +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our

> desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?

> Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?

We have a few theme proposals that use blue predominantly along with

some other color.

There is no way we can not continue using blue, in my opinion. But

adding a bit of other color doesn't hurt, IMHO.

--

Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> * * * * * * * * *http://ianweller.org

GnuPG fingerprint: *E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 *B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

*~ Douglas Adams

RazGriz
The Solo_-Wing.
Diretor de Arte
GNU-LIA--=www.gnu-lia.org
2 Tons Comunicação
Revista Fedora Brasil
Portal O-Gimp

-=-=:Quem constrói a realidade é você.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Gian Paolo Mureddu

Paul W. Frields escribió:

Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our
desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?
Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?

In my opinion Blue has become part of the Fedora identity, from the Logo
to the desktop themes and defaults. Sure some other colors blended in
with it are welcome, but I do believe that Blue now has an identity to
Fedora as much as red did for Red Hat back in the day (I mean in the
days of Red Hat Linux as the free version of Red Hat).

Old 07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
"David Nielsen"

Den 30. jul. 2008 19.52 skrev Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:

Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our

desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?

Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?
As a user I would love to see us break free of the blue prison, it looks dated and should be put down with all manners of mercy possible. I think it hurts us to stick with the blue theme and unlike other competing distros not work towards a unified look over several cycles. Getting a more integrated artwork effort, making sure we get a good vision of where we want to go and working with our programmers to bring the required technology onboard over say 4 releases, making sure our icons, backgrounds and theme look like a whole.

- David

Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
"Diego Búrigo Zacarão"

Hello, Paul!

2008/7/30 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>

Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our

desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?

Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?

IMHO, definitely blue it's the Fedora's color. I guess that others colors could be used, but alway the blue must to predominate, unless we want change it, however I give a -1 for this changing.

Regards
--
Diego Búrigo Zacarão
Linux User #402589

Old 07-30-2008, 07:00 PM
"María Leandro"

I remember that once, someone propose to use a little of yellow... I think this could be a great colour to use with our blue palette....

What about the mascot issue?? we could start to join the new colour to users with something to associate it. (mascot, wallpaper, banners...) just like happened with F9 brown banner.

2008/7/31 Jared Ubriaco <jubriaco@gmail.com>

[...]

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.iseit.net
http://www.latinux.org

http://www.latinux.com
http://www.fedora-ve.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro

LinuxUser= 440285
GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
"Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 14:30 +0000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Mar=EDa_Leandro _
wrote:
> I remember that once, someone propose to use a little of yellow... I
> think this could be a great colour to use with our blue palette....
>
> What about the mascot issue?? we could start to join the new colour to
> users with something to associate it. (mascot, wallpaper, banners...)
> just like happened with F9 brown banner.

If anyone would like to have the mascot discussion again, please use
another thread, this one is taken! :-D Seriously, let's just keep this
discussion focused on the one issue -- the blue palette.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Max Spevack

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

In my opinion Blue has become part of the Fedora identity, from the
Logo to the desktop themes and defaults. Sure some other colors
blended in with it are welcome, but I do believe that Blue now has an
identity to Fedora as much as red did for Red Hat back in the day (I
mean in the days of Red Hat Linux as the free version of Red Hat).

Blue = Fedora. Mix in some other stuff as appropriate, but I believe
that Blue is now "our" color. We shouldn't give that up. Ubuntu has
brown, OpenSuse has green. Red Hat has red. We have blue.
Personally, I like that we maintain that general blue-ish feel. Play
with the shades if you like, mix in some spice and variety if you like,
but I think Fedora should always be identifiable with the color blue.

Just my $.02,
Max