Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Harvey Jones

Default 7.10 and EDIMAX PCMCIA Cards are slow

I updated to Ubuntu 7.10 and ran into a slow wireless internet problem.

Card is a EDIMAX PCMCIA card
product: RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
vendor: RaLink

Working 802.11b

I let 7.10 find the proper driver for me.* When I do a ping I get dropped packets.* Internet is very slow or doesn't work.

This is what I have done to date:

1.* Researched and turned off IPV6.* Seemed to maybe/maybe not help.

2.* Moved closer to box.* Saw a very small improvement.

3.* Re-loaded the image of Ubuntu 7.04.* This worked great.* My speed returned.

I liked 7.10 but can't live with the wireless speed.* Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Harvey
Jones
*