Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 AM
"drew einhorn"

Default Hardy Matrox Dual Head?

I've noticed dual head does not work well or at all for some drivers.

I had two separate ata cards that worked together in a dual head
config under Dapper but have not worked with recent versions.

Probably should try again before buying a new card.

At the moment I looking at a cheap
Matrox Millenium G450 16MB AGP Dual Head Video Card

what is the state of its linux driver ?
and, does dual head work with current driver?

I'd like to run 1600x1200 on one screen
and 1400 x 1050 on the other.
--
Drew Einhorn

Old 07-30-2008, 02:20 AM
"David Fox"

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:45 PM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> At the moment I looking at a cheap
> Matrox Millenium G450 16MB AGP Dual Head Video Card

That's extremely well supported. I ran that exact card (though only
with a single monitor) flawlessly with a variety of distributions
since 2001. I needed to upgrade because 16 megs is not enough video
ram for accelerated GL .

> I'd like to run 1600x1200 on one screen
> and 1400 x 1050 on the other.

I seem to recall I only got 1280x1024 on it, and never tried to bump
the resolution.