Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

Default Evolution PopUP: Error while Fetching Mail

Hello Evo users
Recently my Evo 2.12.1 brings this error message also saying:
Host lookup failed: pop.domainname.net: Name or service not known

Why ???

It started with my previous ISP and continues, just changed these days,
with
the new ISP !

Well, my old ISP used POP, where the new on uses MAIL !?
Well, generally both are used for POP(3) and should not give any
problems !?

I have setup about a dozen accounts some with "alias" resp. "forwarders"
for some
used nicks ;-)

3 accounts are NOT suppose to remember the PWD due their larger volumes:
I set the PWD manually after reading all the more important personal
emails ;-)

Any hints or suggestions are very welcome ;-))

TIA, cheers, svobi

Old 12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

Recently my Evo 2.12.1 brings this error message also saying:
Host lookup failed: pop.domainname.net: Name or service not known

Why ???

It started with my previous ISP and continues, just changed these days,
with
the new ISP !

Well, my old ISP used POP, where the new on uses MAIL !?
Well, generally both are used for POP(3) and should not give any

problems !?

I have setup about a dozen accounts some with "alias" resp. "forwarders"
for some
used nicks ;-)

3 accounts are NOT suppose to remember the PWD due their larger volumes:

I set the PWD manually after reading all the more important personal
emails ;-)

Any hints or suggestions are very welcome ;-))

TIA, cheers, svobi

Have you tried any other mail clients? Try installing and using Thunderbird. If you can't get that to work, you'll know that the issue is either with what you're doing or on the ISP's end.