Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default OpenGL glxgears demo program

Hello,

I have the command glxinfo | grep render, and I get the following message:

direct rendering: NO

OpenGL rendering string: Mesa X11

Thanks.
csv

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:56 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 07/29/2008 10:22 AM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> Hello,

> Here is the description of the motherboard:

> * *-display UNCLAIMED

> * * * * * * *product: 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller

> * * * * * * *vendor: Intel Corporation

That should work fine. Can you post the output of:

glxinfo|grep render

It should look something like this:

$ glxinfo|grep render

direct rendering: Yes

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 865G 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2

Also can you check via Synaptic for the video drivers you have

installed? Search on 'intel' & then click in the first box (to the left

of 'Package' - that will organize all of the installed one's at the top.

Now scroll to the installed xserver-xorg files an let me know which

one's you have installed. Also search on 'xgl' and let me know if if you

have any xserver-xgl installed.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I am sorry to start a second thread on this topic, but it was unintentional. I sincerely appreciate people who are trying to help me.

I followed your instructions and this is what I found.

The green box is on:

*xserver-xorg-video-i810** 2:1.7.4-0Ubuntu7
*xserver-xorg-video-intel** 2:2.2.1-1Ubuntu13

I don't see xservr-xgl.

Thanks. Once again I sorry for the second thread.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 AM
NoOp

On 07/30/2008 10:33 AM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am sorry to start a second thread on this topic, but it was unintentional.
> I sincerely appreciate people who are trying to help me.
>
> I followed your instructions and this is what I found.
>
> The green box is on:
>
> xserver-xorg-video-i810 2:1.7.4-0Ubuntu7
> xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.2.1-1Ubuntu13
>
> I don't see xservr-xgl.

Can you try this: Backup your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to something like
xorg.confworking, then from a terminal:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

and then reboot (logoff & login should work, but it never hurts to
reboot once in awhile on a desktop to clear out the cobwebs). After
logging back in, from a terminal:

glxinfo|grep render

and see if you now get 'direct rendering: Yes'.

Note: If you experience problems with your screen size etc., first try
to adjust using System|Preferences|Screen Resolution. If you are still
having problems you can restore back to your original xorg.conf (now
xorg.confworking).

Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I did as you said, and I still get the message:

csv610@blackhole:/etc/X11$ glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa X11

I also put in the .bashrc file:
export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose

Thanks.
csv

Old 07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
NoOp

On 07/30/2008 11:54 PM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did as you said, and I still get the message:
>
> csv610@blackhole:/etc/X11$ glxinfo | grep render
> direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting
> LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa X11
>
> I also put in the .bashrc file:
> export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
>
> Thanks.
> csv

[Please bottom post]

Did you reboot?

The only other things that I can think of are to check the glx drivers.
On my system I have:

libgl1-mesa-dri - 7.03~rc2-1ubuntu3
libgl1-mesa-glx - 7.03~rc2-1ubuntu3
mesa-utils - 7.03~rc2-1ubuntu3

Can you use Synaptics to see what you have installed? (use glx as the
search key).

Old 08-01-2008, 04:20 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I checked the glx drivers, they are exactly what you have given.

Thanks.
csv

Old 08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
NoOp

On 07/31/2008 09:20 PM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:50 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 07/30/2008 11:54 PM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I did as you said, and I still get the message:
>> >
>> > csv610@blackhole:/etc/X11$ glxinfo | grep render
>> > direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting
>> > LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
>> > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa X11
>> >
>> > I also put in the .bashrc file:
>> > export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > csv
>>
>> [Please bottom post]
>>
>> Did you reboot?
>>
>> The only other things that I can think of are to check the glx drivers.
>> On my system I have:
>>
>> libgl1-mesa-dri - 7.03~rc2-1ubuntu3
>> libgl1-mesa-glx - 7.03~rc2-1ubuntu3
>> mesa-utils - 7.03~rc2-1ubuntu3
>>
>> Can you use Synaptics to see what you have installed? (use glx as the
>> search key).
>>
>> [Please bottom post]

> Hello,
>
> I checked the glx drivers, they are exactly what you have given.
>
> Thanks.
> csv

I'm not sure what else to have you check. Can you post your xorg.conf file?

Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I am attaching the requested file.

Thanks,
csv

Old 08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
NoOp

On 08/01/2008 09:23 AM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attaching the requested file.
>
> Thanks,
> csv

[Please bottom post :-)]

That looks correct for having just done
sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

I suppose that we could try some xorg.conf customising, but that's not
an easy thing to do via a mailing list - sometimes it can end up making
things much worse. So let's try this instead:

Enter Alt-F2 and then enter: gksu displayconfig-gtk
click the Grahics Card tab then click on the Driver icon
[it should be saying i810 - Intel Integrated Graphics]
Now click "Choose driver by model" and select "Intel" and "945" then
click OK.
Now go back to the Screen tab and select your monitor model & resolution
and click OK.

That will write out an old style xorg.conf that can be edited easier.
You now need to logout and login for it to take effect. Note: You may
find that your screen resolution is screwed up when you log back in - it
shouldn't be, but if it is attempt to correct it using the standard
System|Preferences|Screen Resolution.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:23 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I followed your instructions, but still glxinfo report that direct rendering is absent.

Thanks.
csv