Old 07-29-2008, 08:39 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Installation problems X11 functions

Hello,

I installed libX11-dev, xorg-dev, xorg etc on my machine, still some software complain that XFlush,* XVisualInfo not found.

What additional X11 package I must install ?

csv

Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
"Stuart A. Yeates"

Can you be more specific about which software causes the error
messages and exactly what the error messages are?

Also whether you found any hits when you pasted the error messages
into google, in case someone has already solved this problem?

cheers
stuart

Old 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 14:09 +0530, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed libX11-dev, xorg-dev, xorg etc on my machine, still some
> software complain that XFlush, XVisualInfo not found.
>
> What additional X11 package I must install ?

Keep in mind that I have exactly zero clue about X programming, but that
said ...

The first Google hit for XVisualInfo is this:
http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/utilities/visual.html
The page says that this structure is defined in X11/Xutil.h.
Using the package content search at http://packages.ubuntu.com/ you will
find that Xutil.h is in package libx11-dev,

Regarding XFlush, it was not quite as straightforward to find that it is
defined in X11/Xlib.h, which again according to packages.ubuntu.com, is
also in libx11-dev.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:11 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I reinstalled the Ubuntu and all X11 but don't remember the order of installing. but luckily,
things are working fine ( But too slow for average patience limit )

Thanks.
With regards

csv