Old 07-29-2008, 06:31 AM
Jeff

Default f-spot

Does anyone know if there is a way to auto delete images from camera once downloaded* in f-spot

Jeff

Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Ulf Rompe

Am Dienstag, den 29.07.2008, 18:31 +1200 schrieb Jeff:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to auto delete images from camera
> once downloaded in f-spot

While that would be easy to do with a little script, it could be good to
think about backups for a moment. See why:

- I do automated backups of my hard disks every night.
- When I import Photos from the camera, they are not yet in the backup.
- So I leave the photos on the card until I need it again.

That way, my disk may crash and I still have the newest photos on the
card. Before beginning the next shooting, I format the card in the
camera. This takes just a few seconds and makes me sleep well.

[x] ulf

--
Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done. Doing the job WRONG
fourteen times gives you job security.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 AM
"Stuart A. Yeates"

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Ulf Rompe <Ulf.Rompe@icem.com> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 29.07.2008, 18:31 +1200 schrieb Jeff:
>> Does anyone know if there is a way to auto delete images from camera
>> once downloaded in f-spot
>
> While that would be easy to do with a little script [...]

Where does one put a script to get it executed automatically in such a scenario?

On a related note, when I download RAW (.cr2) files from my Canon
400D, f-spot show an empty "Open with" (actually, it shows "No
Applications Available") menu item, even though UFRaw is installed and
the file browser has sees it as the appropriate file. Is there a way
to add programs to this menu?

cheers
stuart