Old 12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Mike Adolf

Default Having problems mounting new volumn/partition

I created a ntfs partition /dev/sda2. I took my best shot at mounting
it to a directory owned by me and one owned by root, and ,as usual, the
complexities of mounting, killed my attempts. I just want it to show up
on my desktop so I can read and write to it from both XP and Ubuntu. I
already added what's needed to write ntfs in linux. It will contain
data I want to use from both OSs. I am not trying to share it over the
LAN just between dual boots.

Mike