FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 PM
David Vincent
 
Default smb browse from the command line?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

hi list.

a while ago someone posted about a command-line tool which spit out the
local smb network details - machine names and shares etc.

i can't for the life of me find it in my mail archive now - anyone have
a clue what tool i am talking about?

thanks in advance if this was vague enough to jog your memory.

- -d


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFIjksSfpRzWFIV0XMRAsn2AJ9bWM8Ozyn5cTF4zZApiK LaoiccqACfcvub
07suLiGHVtuxJ2TpSqy9V5E=
=GzPt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
"Chris Mohler"
 
Default smb browse from the command line?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM, David Vincent
<dvincent@sleepdeprived.ca> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> hi list.
>
> a while ago someone posted about a command-line tool which spit out the
> local smb network details - machine names and shares etc.
>
> i can't for the life of me find it in my mail archive now - anyone have
> a clue what tool i am talking about?
>
> thanks in advance if this was vague enough to jog your memory.

I've used 'smbclient' to list shares on a machine. Maybe it has an
option to scan? Not sure...

Chris

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Marius Gedminas
 
Default smb browse from the command line?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 06:07:20PM -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM, David Vincent
> <dvincent@sleepdeprived.ca> wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA1
> >
> > hi list.
> >
> > a while ago someone posted about a command-line tool which spit out the
> > local smb network details - machine names and shares etc.
> >
> > i can't for the life of me find it in my mail archive now - anyone have
> > a clue what tool i am talking about?
> >
> > thanks in advance if this was vague enough to jog your memory.
>
> I've used 'smbclient' to list shares on a machine. Maybe it has an
> option to scan? Not sure...

smbclient -L somehostname

Shows all the shares exported on a machine called 'somehostname', and
also lists all other local machines known to it.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Don't trust a statistic you haven't faked yourself."
-- Seen in another posting by Markus Kuhn
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 PM
"Brian McKee"
 
Default smb browse from the command line?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:41 PM, David Vincent
<dvincent@sleepdeprived.ca> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> hi list.
>
> a while ago someone posted about a command-line tool which spit out the
> local smb network details - machine names and shares etc.


smbtree ?

Brian

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
David Vincent
 
Default smb browse from the command line?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Brian McKee wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:41 PM, David Vincent
> <dvincent@sleepdeprived.ca> wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> hi list.
>>
>> a while ago someone posted about a command-line tool which spit out the
>> local smb network details - machine names and shares etc.
>
>
> smbtree ?

ya - that's it! thanks brian!

- -d


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFIjlhXfpRzWFIV0XMRAuTLAJ986YppbnHt19oWKdeY5T q7A7TChQCfaZpa
E2kUyY7q/JZ4HJuTBQ9Wt5o=
=D4I2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org